It might for a little while, but it won't last. Saying "I love you" regularly is crucial in order to maintain a happy, successful relationship. In honor of Valentine's Day, the team at WhereBridesGo is here to help you keep the romance alive with these unique and creative ways to tell (and show) your partners how much you love them.
1. Write A Handwritten Love Note. As our world becomes more and more digital, we might forget how special a handwritten note can be. Writing you sweetheart a "just because" love note will speak volumes.
2. Take Him On His Dream Date. Women are always talking about their dream dates, but when's the last time you asked him what his dream date was? Ask him, and take him on it - even if all that means is sitting on the couch and watching his favorite show.
3. Clean Her Car. Most of us can barely keep up with keeping our houses clean - how are we supposed to have time to clean out our cars, too? Surprising your special someone with a washed and/or vacuumed car is a great way to show how much you care - and is guaranteed to be greatly appreciated!
4. Go On A Silly Date. Work, groceries, laundry, house cleaning... if you've been together for a long time, it's easy to get stuck in your daily routines. Break things up by taking each other out on a silly date just for fun, like mini golf or the movies.
5. Publicly Proclaim Your Affection... In Song. Dedicating a love song to your special someone and then boldly belting it out in the karaoke bar is a hilarious way to show your other half how much they mean to you.
6. Surprise Your Partner With Breakfast In Bed. Next time you wake up before your alarm, take advantage of the opportunity to fix breakfast for your special someone. You might be surprised how much they love it.
8. Revisit The Place You Met. Going back to where it all began is the perfect excuse to reminisce about old times and talk about how you've grown together as a couple. Bring some wine and make an evening of it!
9. Put The Cell Phones Away. With so many of us constantly glued to our phones, we focus less time on the person we care about the most. Dedicate one to two nights a week to spend quality time with your partner, without interruption.
10. Speak Highly Of Your Partner In Front Of Other People. Public affirmation is one of the best compliments anyone can receive. Next time you're hanging out with your friends, mention something about how great your partner is and/or why you're so happy to have them in your life.
11. Cook Your Partner Their Favorite Meal. Does your man live for pizza? Does your wife crave pasta on a daily basis? Whatever your partner's vice is, pick a night and surprise them with it. (Freshly baked cookies are always a great idea, too!)
Happy Valentine's Day From WhereBridesGo!
We hope you and your sweetheart have a wonderfully romantic Valentine's weekend! Have fun - and don't forget to say "I love you!"