You don't have to be engaged to take part in Couple Appreciation Month. Whether you are already married, or just a couple in the beginning of your romance, WhereBridesGo.com has a few ideas to help you show your special someone how much you love them.
1. Hide & SeekGrab a pack of post-it notes and hide hand-written terms of endearment for your partner to find all around the house. You can even up the ante and hide small gifts for them to find, or combine the two ideas and leave clues to one big gift or a special night out.
2. Dear John
Forget the digital world for a minute and go old school. Put pen to paper and write a heartfelt love note to your significant other. If you are stumped for words, make it a long thank you note filled with all of the reasons that you are thankful that they picked you.
3. Enjoy the OutdoorsGet outside and away from your daily routine and have an outdoor adventure. It can be as simple as sitting on a bench in the park together or packing a picnic and heading to your favorite quiet spot. If you are an active couple, visit a state park and take a long hike together, or hop on a couple of bikes and get to riding.
4. Green ThumbA beautiful bouquet of flowers is always a nice gesture, maybe more for the girls to receive than the guys. You can easily turn this into a way to spend some quality time with each other and make it a summer-long project. Plant a garden full of flowers together.
5. Dreaded TasksAn excellent way to treat someone that you love is to tackle a chore for them that you know they hate to do. Take out the garbage, do the grocery shopping for the week, or fold that pile of clean laundry that keeps growing.
6. Breakfast in BedWho doesn't love to get spoiled a little? This requires a bit of stealth and early rising if you want to surprise them, but it doesn't have to be a surprise. Just convince your loved one that they should lay back down and take it easy while you cook up their favorite morning meal.
7. Dinner DatePick an evening to eat dinner out at your favorite restaurant, or pick a brand new place to try together. If you know your way around the kitchen fairly well, cook for your partner, or pick a recipe to whip up together and make this a bonding experience.
8. Make An AppointmentIf you don't already have a set weekly, or at least monthly, date night on your calendar, now is a great time to adopt this tradition. We all get busy with work, family, friends, and all that comes with our daily lives. It is important for a couple to make the time to keep their love alive. Putting your date on the calendar is a great way to make it the priority it is and more likely to happen.
9. Take a SelfieDocument your relationship so that you can relive these wonderful moments over and over. It only takes a minute to click a quick picture of the two of you while you are out, and today's technology makes it easy to share a few of these special moments with everyone else. Share the love!
10. Lock Those LipsYou most likely kiss each other daily, but how often do you really focus on that kiss? A fun experiment to try is the "15-second kiss." Set a timer and kiss each other for 15 straight seconds. It sounds like a short time, but during a kiss, 15 seconds seems to stretch on for quite a long time. Kissing is a very intimate act that we can sometimes take for granted. You are sure to enjoy this experiment, and if you are up to it, see how much longer you can go past 15 seconds. Beware, kissing is a gateway drug to much more fun stuff.
That should keep you busy until next week when we give you the next 10 great ways to show your appreciation for each other. WhereBridesGo.com recognizes the importance of telling and showing that special person in your life exactly how much they mean to you. Letting them know often is a key to a happy relationship. Let Couple Appreciation Month be the beginning of many enjoyable habits to keep your love alive and well.
Where Brides Go®
...for What Brides Love!
~ The WhereBridesGo.com TeamPost by Deanna Powell, Certified Bridal Consultant
Connect with WhereBridesGo.com online!